Often, people wonder why their marriages arent working as planned or expected. Understand that marriages can fail for different reasons. However, for the purpose of this post, we focus on people who associate themselves with words that can destroy their marriage.
You find a husband deliberately theathening to hurt his wife, or a wife saying things to irritate her husband. At this point, either or both party may be filled with rage and angry and in the bid to make the other person feel what they feel, they say all things to either gain control or irritate the next person.
Couples and Abusive words
The joy of being a couple is that you and your partner are able to stay together and do things together to the end that both husband and wife are growing together and getting better at understanding and tolorating each other. There are words that can destroy your marriage as much as yourself esteem and personality.
So, in this post, we’d be examining a number of words, sentence or phrases that shouldn’t be heard primarily among couples. So, without saying much, let’s run through these words quickly.
List of words/phrases that can destroy your marriage
As much as we try to outline the most popular words, phrases or sentences that can destroy your marriage, it’s important to note that any word, sentence or phrases that doesn’t promote growth or isn’t healthy is definitely toxic and shouldn’t be used among each other, especially when you have kids.
30 Example Of Words and Phrases that can destroy your marriage
- I will slap you
- Saying, “I hate you”
- I will divorce you
- Can’t you be like Mr. X or Madam Y?
- Words like, “You can’t help me”
- You are fat for nothing
- You’re hopeless
- This marriage will not last
- I don’t think we are meant for each other
- You’re useless
- Telling your wife, “You are ugly, or you are a witch”
- You are stupid
- You are foolish
- What do you know?
- I don’t love you anymore
- Go to hell
- You call yourself a man
- I blame myself for marrying you
- Prostitute/ cheat
- I will destroy you
- If you misbehave, i will divorce you
- Your madness has started again
- I don’t have time for your rubbish
- Good for nothing
- If you dont give me a male child, i will marry a second wife
- I was forced to marry you
- You don’t have home training
- I will be the one to kill you
- You are too short
- Your breast are too small or big for my liking.
How can these words destroy your marriage?
These words don’t only produce heat in the relationship, it also produces doubt’s between both husband and wife. Moreover, aside the heat and the doubt, these words promotes grief, pain, hatred, low self esteem and most definitely destroys martial vows and bond.
Tips to being a better husband or wife
The first thing about being a couole is understanding that abuse in its different manifestations is the most destructive tool and should never be used either physically, nor verbally. In other words, It leads to emotional trauma,fear and discomfort. Therefore, it’s damaging and traumatizing.
Replace Negativity with:
1. Speak good things about your spouse daily, for example; “I love you” you are wonderful, you look sweet, your food was good, you are my world, you look charming etc.
2. Speak and listen to words that edifies daily. Learn to control anger and avoid saying things to hurt your partner.
3. Express your love to each other verbally every day.
4. Speak about things that you do and do not like
5. Confess positive things about your marriage.
6. Always pray together! There is power in praying and reading together!
Finally, as a man and a woman who understands that there are words that can destroy your marriage, endeavor to use words carefully and with respect to the next person.
Feel free to leave a comment, also, subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss a post.