Thinking about SpongeBob SquarePants, I can just picture Squidward getting angry when SpongeBob and Patrick play and laugh around. We all can relate to times when we seek that alone time like Squidward always does. However, we most times never do get it! There are times when I and I know you also crave for a little bit of alone time. Such luxury may seem impossible especially when you have kids. Thinking of this, you can equally ask in a frustrating tone, “why do is it even important to build relationship with humans.
There’s a popular quote that says that ‘No Man Is An Island’. I guess this is why it’s really important for us to build relationships anyway. You must have noticed how your body feels when you are alone or not listening to anything or doing anything. It feels really boring and sometimes empty because you lack relationship with your fellow humans.
The Connection Between Our Humans and Building Relationship
As much as we sometimes feel like being alone is best, there’s always this inner drive that wants to relate with others. This is why, when we are alone sometimes, there’s this need to engage ourselves with something or someone. We find ourselves listening to music or getting distracted by something because the truth is, we as humans have to be engaged in relationship with something to stay sane and feel alive.
Man Is a Social Animal
Have you ever heard the saying that man is a social animal? Or perhaps you’re just reading about it for the first time, it doesn’t matter that much. The point is, as humans, we are prone to desire relationship with ourselves because we are socially connected to each other.
Therefore, we socialize because that is how we are fashioned. Humans have the ability to socialize with both living and non living creatures. Thus is why a toddler can easily relate with a doll and build a relationship. A vegan can easily relate with an animal and build humans connection or relationship.
So you see, socialization is primarily a psychological bond. Ultimately, for the purpose of socializing with environments, communities and others, social groups began. Now, we’d be taking a moment to discuss more on social groups because it’s an important part of our lives.
Development and Creation of Social Groups
A social group is a group of individuals who are related to each other directly or indirectly. The members of a social group may be people who are related by blood, marriage or self organised for a particular purpose. The best thing about a social group is, they all have a free entry and exit policy. Therefore, humans from different background can build relationship.
Human Relationship and Participating in Social Groups
Surprisingly, being in a social group is an amazing part of relating with humans and socializing. Did you know that one of the primary social groups is your family?
Types of Social Groups
There are basically two categories of social groups:
- The primary social groups— this group is made up of people who are very close to you and have strong sense of belonging. They are made up of people who are believed to be related to each other closely. They usually have face-to-face contact and possibly know each other by name. An example of people in this group are your family members as well as your peer groups and age grades etc.
- Secondary social groups— this is a group made up of a large number of people who are not related by blood, marriage nor any close relationship.
Why Do Humans Need to build Relationship?
There are a billion reasons why people relate, socialize and need a relationship. Some of which are:
- To stay alive and sane
- Learn new and exciting things
- Relationships helps build connection
- Being in a relationship with humans just like you, keeps you happy
- It creates exposure
- Helps you get influenced and be an influence
- Gives more meaning to life
- Introduces invites to parties and events
- Makes you a celebrity
- Its always good for business
- Makes living on this earth a lot fun
- Has the ability to help fight internal wars and many other reasons.
Reasons Why Relationship among Humans and Socialization is a Luxury
Have you ever wondered why people who are kept in solitary departments are said to be punished? This is because being alone is a very big punishment and nobody deserves to undergo such punishment. To ensure a life well spent, there is a big need for socializing, relating with humans and finally growing or building relationships.
Most importantly, relating, socializing and even building a relationship is a luxury that everyone in this world can afford. However, overtime I’ve noticed that a few individuals believe that building relationships and staying in contact with people is very expensive.
I’ve seen dating and courtship relationships that broke up because the individuals in the relationship felt that they did not have enough money to continue the relationship. Which is quite perplexing because, it takes two to mingle and for a relationship to grow continually it takes communication among willing humans.
Moreover, as much as communication may sometimes seem expensive there are other cheaper ways to promote communication. We have social media and online platforms which is one of the most cheapest and easiest ways to convey information from one person to another. In other words, it is true that building a relationship may seem expensive at some point in time.
Importance of Socializing and Building Relationship With Humans
This brings us to the question of why is it so important for us to build relationship, or socialize, or even relate to people? Relationships are as important as our everyday living and breathing. Everyday we all talk to somebody whether we are home alone or wherever. When you read a blog post, listen to music, watch a video in YouTube…
You are indirectly socializing with other people. Therefore, there is certainly nobody that can actually claim that he or she has not or does not socialize, relate with people or try to build a relationship. This makes relationships paramount.
Finally, in regards to the topic of socializing, related with people and building relationships, I would end with these following notes.
- Firstly, building relationship doesn’t mean making yourself vulnerable to people.
- Secondly, to ensure that you are in a healthy relationship, it is important for you to place priority on your relationship and ensure that everyone in the relationship respects each other’s values and philosophies.
- Thirdly, the fact that one relationship did not work out doesn’t mean that you should give up on relationships as a whole.
- Lastly, building relationship is a gradual process, so don’t be in a hurry.
Thanks for taking your time to read our blog post, if you have any confusions or you have a contribution to make, do well to leave your questions and contributions at the comment box.